Thursday, September 30, 2010

PART 1

FYI, this blog entry cannot get any more personal. And I'm having to break it up in two parts...

For the past 30+ days, I've been dealing with something totally new & unexpected. I havent been able to talk to many about it, for one simple reason: I didnt want anyone to worry.

On August 30th I went in to the doctors for my annual exam... After getting weighed the nurse took my blood pressure. "Its high" I remember her muttering. I sat in the cold room for about five minutes until the doc walked in. She did her thing and then asked if I was there for a specific reason besides my annual exam. I breifly mentioned my wrist, my right one specifically, hurt me while I was on the computer. Thats when she introduced me to my new BFF, a splint. Said it could be Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. After discussing that, she was getting ready to leave the room & I blurted out " I've felt something on one of my breast for the past couple of months!" She turned around and looked at me, "Well why hadnt you mentioned that earlier honey..." I wasnt going to tell her the truth, because I was scared... After she examined me my fears became a reality, I indeed had an abnormal lump. The docotor then advised me to go get an ultrasound.

The following Monday I called to make the ultrasound appointment, and thats when it all hit me like a cold bucket of water. Could this really be happening to me? I hesitated to tell my own mother, because well, I didnt want her to worry. She worries enough, like all moms do right? But my husband convinced me, so I did. Mom assured me that it was normal & that young women came in all the time to the hospital (my mom works at a hospital) for ultrasounds in their breast. Did that put me at ease? Truthfully, I dont think anything could.

. . . To Be Continued . . .

And because a post is always better with a picture, here's my latest infatuation: CLOUDS :)

1 comment:

  1. The picture is beautiful Belinda. I will pray for you. Of course people will worry, we love you! Praying for good news. Call me anytime if you need to talk.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover